Both Keith Gray and Paul Malone offer inspirational and instructive weekend writing workshops in Vienna. Whether you have been attending our Sunday writing sessions and are looking for the next step in your journey or you are ready to leap right in, the workshops are an excellent way for you to take your writing to the next level.
All workshops are run in English.
Writing Your Novel – Pages 1-100: Getting It Off The Ground
(Saturday 27th October 2018. Full booking details below)
- Grabbing the reader’s (and publisher’s) attention
- Creating an evocative setting
- Developing an intriguing central character
- Structuring a dramatic plot
- Managing your own writing time, space and expectations
Introduction to the Short Story
(Saturday 10th November 2018. Full Booking Details Below)
In this fun workshop, you will discover the joys of writing your very own short story! Through instruction, examples, group discussion, and writing, the workshop covers:
- Story concept: exploring and developing ideas
- Elements of fiction: the basics of writing a short story
- Writing your story: from concept to first draft
- Revising your story: an effective approach to getting to the very heart of your story.
The workshop is ideal for anyone interested in creative writing in English. Participants should have a reasonable grasp of English. No previous story writing experience is required.