Feedback Forum with Keith Gray
Introducing the unique, monthly English language crit group for aspiring writers who are serious about developing their craft.
What makes this group stand out from similar groups is that it will be led by award-winning author Keith Gray, who will provide written feedback to all Feedback Forum writers. It will be a valuable opportunity to share your work-in-progress with other writers but also to receive 1-to-1 feedback from someone with more than 20 years of experience as a published author.
Keith’s debut novel was published when he was only 24 and it went on to be shortlisted for the Guardian newspaper’s Fiction Prize. He’s now published over 20 books in a dozen languages, including ‘Ostrich Boys’ which has been adapted into a critically acclaimed stage play. Keith has also edited 2 anthologies of short stories, working with world-class authors such as Patrick Ness (‘A Monster Calls’, ‘The Knife of Never Letting Go’), Malorie Blackman (‘Noughts & Crosses’) and Frank Cottrell Boyce (‘Dr Who’, ‘Welcome to Sarajevo’, ’Goodbye Christopher Robin’).
Keith has worked as a creative writing lecturer at Lincoln University in the UK, a professional book reviewer for the Guardian and Scotsman newspapers and was Scottish Book Trust’s first ever ‘Writer in Residence’ where he mentored many new writers who’ve gone on to publish their own novels. He also co-created Sunday Writers’ Club here in Vienna.
- The Feedback Forum is for prose writing of all forms and genres, unfortunately not poetry.
- Writers need to submit their work at least 1 week prior to the Forum meeting, otherwise Keith will NOT have time to prepare his written response.
- Submitted writing should be kept to a strict maximum of 2,000 words and does not need to be a completed story but can be part of a longer piece or chapter of a novel.
- Feedback from Keith will focus on structure, characterisation, clarity and voice – praising strengths, addressing weaknesses, always looking at ways of how to develop your writing. It will not be a line-by-line edit.
- Writers should be willing to both offer and receive feedback in a friendly, constructive and open-minded manner.
- There are only 8 spaces available at each Forum.
- Please do your best not to sign up only to drop-out on short notice. You will be taking a valued space from a fellow writer.
|Next Forum: Thursday 23rd January 2020, starting at 18.00. |
Submission deadline: Thursday 16th January 2020, midnight.
Where: Café Zehnsiebzig, Burggasse 68, 1070, Vienna.
Fee: € 35 per Forum (including the individual written feedback from Keith)
To book your place in the feedback forum:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions and to book a place at the forum